HOIST is 2450 square feet of climate-controlled, daylight-balanced studio goodness, including the main workspace, three configurable production rooms, a kitchenette, bathroom, office, and a large selection of studio equipment. It is highly accessible. Internet access (Wi-Fi) is available on-site free of charge.
- 70 linear feet of unobstructed shooting space (width varies)
- 15-foot overhead clearance throughout the entire shooting space (with 17-foot ceilings)
- 34-ft wide by 10-ft tall finished drywall, with an adjacent 8-ft by 8-ft 90° corner section – it can be used as a background, a projection screen for sales or imaging, to simulate interior rooms, to provide a foundation for more elaborate sets, and much more
- counter-weighted, positionable 21-ft overhead truss for mounting lights, backgrounds, or other equipment
- vintage multi-channel sound system with modern device interfaces (iPod/iPad, all generations, with charger; standard 1/8th-inch stereo)
Each of our three production rooms can be easily configured for use as a dressing room, lounge or green room for clients or talent, wardrobe or styling area, makeup room, sales or meeting room for client consultation, or for almost any other purpose you may require. These rooms feature hardwood floors, luxury furniture, light-tight partitions, and privacy as needed.
The kitchenette includes a full-sized stainless steel refrigerator and freezer, sink, microwave, Keurig single-cup coffee maker (using K-cups), and basic tools for serving food and drink. Its perfect on its own for most productions, and is a great staging area for catering larger events.
The studio office is a shared workspace with basic office tools, including wireless internet (which is available throughout the studio space), a networked printer, control of the studio sound system, etc. A variety of resource directories and information about local services can also be found in the office.
HOIST maintains a substantial inventory of studio production equipment, most of which is included in the cost of the studio. We supply you with as much essential, large, heavy-duty, and studio-specific equipment as we can so that you can use these tools without the hassle or expense of supplying them yourself. We are also equipped to support the particular needs of a number of specialties (including portraiture, fashion, product work, and large-scale or high-end productions) as well as the needs of supporting creatives (such as stylists and makeup artists). Please see the "Equipment & Other Supplies" page in this section for more information.
All entrances to HOIST are at street level, including a 12-ft wide by 14-ft high roll-up door that provides easy and direct access to the space. This door is big enough to allow vehicles to be driven directly into the studio, and it's also useful when loading and unloading equipment, oversized objects, catering, etc. We are handicapped accessible.